The Opera Cabaret began in 1996 as a small experimental musical production in the Stoke Newington Midsummer Festival. Over the last twenty years it has grown into an eagerly anticipated event in the Round Chapel, Clapton, and in Cecil Sharp House, Primrose Hill. In June 2017 we introduced the cabaret to an enthusiastic audience in Teddington. The Opera Cabaret is hosted by the remarkable soprano Adey Grummet.
As well as the ‘main’ Cabaret we have produced many different events including a fully staged performance of Susanna’s Secret in the King’s Head theatre, and some lovely themed concerts including:
- Several concerts featuring the remarkable Serbian Soprano, Alenka Ponjavic
- Come into the garden, Maud – an evening of moving and improving Victorian songs.
- Songs on a summer evening
- Extase – an evening of Lieder performed by soprano Mariya Krywaniuk with John Lidal of the Norwegian Opera at the piano
- Music for a While – Arias and duets by Purcell performed by Lucy Stevens and Lore Lixenberg, with Elizabeth Marcus at the harpsichord.
- Royal Divas – Doomed an evening of arias performed as mini psychodramas performed by Norwegian mezzo soprano performed by Hege Hoisaeter with John Lidal at the piano.
Thank you to all our great performers who made such a success of the Opera Cabarets in Teddington and Primrose Hill. They’re asking us back!!
And of course thank you to our wonderful audiences! It was a great way to celebrate the summer of ’17!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join our mailing list